I first found Franklin Hatchett when I was searching some ways to make posts on Instagram go viral and his videos came up.
I dig what he’s sharing on Youtube so I decided to invest in 2 of his courses.
He’s got 2 courses on eCommerce & affiliate marketing.
Was it worth it?
Building an online business doesn’t happen overnight.
The bulk of my income has always been with local marketing, but I do have experience making quite a bit of money with ecom & affiliate as well.
In my opinion, some opportunities are bit better than others.
Just right off the top let me go into the Pro & Con of Ecom & Affiliate biz.
Pros & Cons of E-commerce Business & Franklin’s eCom Elites Course
- Franklin’s course is very direct & practical, I like the fact that he just dives right into strategies. Much of what he has shared works.
- Franklin’s got real experience, he does what he preaches in his own business, generating $498,879 in profit in 1 year
- I like the fact that he goes beyond just teaching you Facebook ads like most ecom teachers, he teaches you how to use google search, instagram & email marketing.
- Comprehensive Facebook ads coaching with over 30 videos
- E-Commerce is a scalable business
- Going through Franklin’s course will teach you several high-income skills such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- One of the most comprehensive eCommerce course out there today
- Huge part of eCom success depends on the proper product selection, Franklin gives 2 examples but I wish there were more examples to learn from
- eCommerce offers so many niches to choose from making niche selection one of the hardest thing about eCom biz. The wrong niche means failing from the start.
- There is a way to test out products before starting a whole shopify store by using clickfunnels & running $5 FB ads. This is a method I learned recently & I believe it should be taught because it can save a lot of time & money by identifying bad niche selection before you’re too far down the path.
- Selling physical products has its challenges, product order fulfillment requires constant maintenance, dealing with returns, out of stock at manufacturer, shipping & customs, holding inventory
- Profit margin in eCommerce is among the smallest when compared to other online businesses
- Most students will heavily rely on facebook ads for traffic, which is interruption marketing, not the best conversion rate when compared to organic google searches, & it can get quite costly.
- Facebook ads require constant tweaking & managing
One big takeaway from Franklin
Niche selection for eCom business is the hardest & most important step
For example, women’s lingerie is not a good niche because the category is too broad, also its a heavily brand driven product.
Women aren’t gonna really want to buy some off-brand lingerie from China.
He also makes another great point
“Don’t sell what you like, sell what the people will like”
don’t keep trying something just because you believe it will work
be objective about it
Franklin’s done really well with Animal necklaces, for example, an Owl necklace
because you can target a specific audience, people that like pages about owl’s & usually these types of audiences are very passionate.
& he’s made good money with that
picking a product that gets very specific is the key.
Pros & Cons of Affiliate Marketing Business & Franklin’s Savage Affiliates Review
- Course covers A through Z, from beginner to making money as affiliate
- Franklin shares his own landing pages you can swipe
- course covers both free & paid traffic
- Easy to follow
- Franklin lays out some niches he believes are money makers, but these niches are soon getting too competitive due to all the students.
- Not the most comprehensive facebook ads course for affiliate marketing
- Not all clickbank offers convert well with FB
- Lacking some key SEO strategies like using PBNs for link building, Franklin mostly covers doing guest posts & link outreach
- Ranking for affiliate keywords in Google is extremely competitive & might be too difficult for a beginner
Affiliate marketing is competitive because anyone can join the game.
Very low barrier of entry.
Yes it is very cool to be able to promote other people’s products that you don’t even own and make a commission while you don’t have to worry about product order fulfillment yourself.
If it was that easy, why would anyone even bother going into the E-Com business at all then?
The answer is affiliate marketing is extremely difficult with facebook advertising because your conversion rate has to be like super top tier or its very easy to make quite a bit of money fast.
The ad image has to be on point, your ad copy, the landing page, the offer & your targetting all have to be at really high level to actually make money using Facebook ads for an affiliate product.
Not only that you need an offer that converts super well with facebook. For some reason, one weight loss offer doesn’t convert at all on FB while a different one might.
A lot of the super affiliates that run FB ads, keep which offers are converting well on FB to themselves.
One thing you could do is contact the offer’s affiliate manager and ask them straight up if their offer is converting well with facebook, I wrote about what one needs to do with FB ads to make affiliate work here, when I hired a super affiliate to coach me 1 on 1.
You can make good money with affiliate if you are good at SEO & able to generate free traffic.
But what most inevitably find is that trying to build free traffic for an affiliate offer has got a very steep difficulty curb and it also takes a very long time.
Even I’m not making big money yet with Affiliate SEO even though I’ve been doing SEO for over 3 years now.
My primary focus has been Local lead generation using SEO because ranking sites in local markets is so much less competition and the payout is quite lucrative.
I make $50K per month and pretty much all of that is from my lead gen sites that are ranked locally.
Even my SEO mentor, that’s making 7 figures monthly tells students to first build a $10K per month online income with local SEO & working with clients before moving into Affiliate seo, because affiliate seo to actually make sizeable income requires quite a bit of upfront capital & will take some time.
While Franklin’s courses are quite good because he does show practical link building strategies that can work for sure, I just don’t think affiliate marketing is the most ideal online business to start if you’re a complete newbie or have no prior SEO experience.
I believe Franklin has one of the best eCom courses out there.
He is very practical and shares some awesome tips & tricks that’ll save anyone so much time & money figuring this shit out all on your own.
I have a passion for studying other successful people, & one of the most common theme you’ll find is that they’ll all at once point or another, hired a mentor that took them to the next level.
The same was true for me when I hired my own coach that helped me build my first 6 figure local lead generation business.
The motivational speaker, Dan Lok says that the number 1 thing that anyone needs to invest in before they get into business for themselves is to invest in yourself & get yourself some high-income skills.
High-income skills gives you stability.
Because when you got skills, you can always count on yourself to generate money.
This money that you generate can pay your bills & invest into your business to scale.
Most people go into business without having any high-income skills, so they can’t continue to invest in their business, which means their business is not able to grow.
A business that’s not able to grow is dying.
Going through Franklin’s Affiliate or Ecom course, you’re learning several high-income skills.
Learning how to generate leads using Facebook, Instagram & Ranking a website.
These are high-income skills, & can be used not only to your own eCom store or affiliate website, it can be offered as a service to local businesses.
The reason why I like offering skills to local businesses & get paid handsomely for it is because you get paid much much faster.
Instead of waiting for your eCom store to begin converting sales.
There’s so many businesses out there that’s got money just looking to invest more dollars into their marketing.
SEO & Lead generation is the most sought after skill on the internet, you can become their go-to person.
eCom & affiliate is great, Franklin does an amazing job with his courses.
But imo people should parlay that with some sort of client service-based work, it will make you even more valuable to the market place.
Money goes to those that bring tremendous value to the market.
Wanna learn more about what kind of massive successes learning the skill of local lead generation can bring? take a look here.
Talk soon, lppei