Philip Covington is a successful high 6 figures Amazon seller with one of the most comprehensive Amazon FBA course I’ve seen.
Pros & Cons of his course?
What’s the best online business to start? Is the Amazon biz right for me?
In my opinion, even though there seems to be so many opportunites out there to make money online, I believe there’s only a handful that allow you to build real sustainable income.
Consistent income that you can count on, that will allow you to quit your 9 to 5 once & for all.
Amazon is one of them, & so its local lead generation. More on this later.
I’d like to give you my take on what I think about Philip’s course & the Amazon business opportunity in general, so you can make the best educated decision before spending the next several months learning an entirely new business.
- What is Amazon FBA? It stands for Fullfilment by Amazon.
- What is the #1 Skill You Need Online to Make Money?
- Philip’s Ultimate Amazon Seller Course Overview / Summary
- Module 1: Setting Up Your Business
- Module 2: Taxes, Bookkeeping, & Insurance
- Module 3: Biz Accounts
- Module 4: Setting Up the Biz on Amazon
- Module 5 – Product Research Phase 1
- Module 6 – Product Research Phase 2
- Module 7: Product Research Phase 3
- The Good & the Bad of Amazon Business
- The Good
- The Bad
- Final Word on this Amazon FBA Course
What is Amazon FBA? It stands for Fullfilment by Amazon.
It’s Amazon service of handling all of the customer order fullfillment for you. Amazon will handle the storage, packing, shipping & customer service (returns).
So you as the business owner can spend more time launching new products & marketing your product.
I love this trend that we’re seeing now, as technology & great companies like Amazon arise, it makes running a real business several times easier, it opens opportunities for the regular joe to begin their own business with less & less overhead costs.
What is the #1 Skill You Need Online to Make Money?
Yes picking the right product to sell on Amazon is very important.
But ultimately how people make a real living online is their ability to generate traffic or get attention online.
Money loves attention.
If you have the skillset of getting in front of customers at scale, then I don’t care if you’re selling a guide book on underwater basket weaving, you’re going to make money.
Now there’s few different ways to generate traffic online
-Paid Traffic (Facebook Ads, Google Adwords)
-Free Traffic (Organically rank your site or product listing higher)
There’s pros & cons to both.
Paid traffic produces immediate results, but your profit margin per sale will be reduced because now ther is additional ad cost.
Also running paid traffic campaigns will require continual tweaking.
Free Traffic takes some time to establish & build, your site or listing doesn’t get on page 1 over night. You need to create a situation where the search algorithm sees you as the #1 qualitified result for that search & this can time but it is the longterm results play.
Imo free traffic is where its at to build real booming businesses.
Free traffic almost always produces much higher quality leads because you are now getting infront people that are actively searching for your product.
Instead of Facebook ads, which are getting in front of just regular people going about their day and its job is to try to convince them they want this new thing.
Free Traffic also boasts much higher profit margins because you’re getting all this visitors free of charge. No ad spend.
Free traffic is long term result because once you’re on page 1, there’s usually a great reason why you’re on page 1, you will most likely stay there for a while.
This is one of my top favorite reasons why I love my local lead generation business, I have websites out there on page 1 that I haven’t touched in years, generating income for me month after month because its all free organic traffic.
So what causes Amazon listing to be on page 1?
Afterall that is the key to your Amazon career success.
There’s many tricks out there, and “guru’s” talking about getting your product on page 1 in 3 weeks, or something crazy.
But these tricks, many will find, doesn’t “stick”. Amazon’s algorithm has protections built in, where one day you may see some brand new listing pop up on page 1 but it’ll be gone the next.
Pro tip: Utilizing tricks, hacks & schemes is not the way to build longterm success.
Be warry of anyone that promises such results.
Ultimately from my experience & research speaking with many of the top Amazon guys/gals out there.
The #1 Determining Factor for Organic Ranking in Amazon is Conversions.
Its how many people visit your product page vs. how many actually convert into a sale?
After all Amazon is running a business right. Well isn’t that the ultimate indicator of how good the product is? Its ability to convert traffic into sales?
This is why with the Amazon business.
It is crucial to come up with an awesome product.
That’s one of its challenges.
The people I have seen crush it with Amazon get this first step right, coming up with a unique, aweomse product concept.
This explains why Philip has 3 seperate modules for the Product Research phase alone.
Yes other things are needed to get your conversions up, the major one being the number of 5 star reviews.
Monkey see, monkey do principle.
When you’re driving around town and you see one bakery with no line outside but this one bakery has a huge line wrapped around the building, which bakery you gonna pick?
No doubt about it, reviews are important.
You used to be able to fabricate ’em on Amazon, not anymroe Charlie.
Its about getting real reviews now with quality product so again it has become increasingly important to pick the right product.
Success happens in your mind first, a great product concept.
I know another big time Amazon FBA guru, Liz Herrera, has a team of 3 full time employees that does nothing but new product concept & design.
Well do you have to be some sort of creative genius?
There is another way to finding winning products & that is to study the competition and model after what’s already working.
& taking 2-3 really popular products in your niche, understanding what’s great about each of them & try to combine some of those top features across multiple products into 1 product.
BAM you might have got yourself somethin killer.
These are all things you will learn with Philip’s Course in more step by step detail.
Nothing is a guarantee tho.
Philip’s Ultimate Amazon Seller Course Overview / Summary
Module 1: Setting Up Your Business
Module 2: Taxes, Bookkeeping, & Insurance
Module 3: Biz Accounts
Module 4: Setting Up the Biz on Amazon
Module 5 – Product Research Phase 1
Module 6 – Product Research Phase 2
Module 7: Product Research Phase 3
Are you keeping up so far?
3 seperate modules just for product research, Phlip really doesn’t play around, he’s covering every detail with his course.
The Good & the Bad of Amazon Business
This course has everything you need for you to start earning real income with Amazon.
Take a look at this chart showing Amazon’s annual net sales revenue from 2004 to 2017 (in Billion USD)
Amazon is the most visited site on the internet next to Google.com & Facebook.com
The fact that Amazon is a store though, makes that even more incredible.
It’s steady rise is expected to continue for a long time as more and more consumers transition over to buying everything online even groceries. with Amazon’s fast & free 2 day shipping with the Prime account, they are doing incredible things atm and will do even greater things in the future.
Philips FBA course will allow you to capitlize on this giagantic Amazon wave.
As I’ve said before, if you can generate traffic on the internet you can make money.
The 3 places that get the most traffic on the internet is Google, Facebook & Amazon.
It would make sense to center your business around marketing on 1 or all 3 of these avenues, am i rite?
This is why the Amazon business works if you have great coaching that can walk you through how to pick the right product, deal with the manufacturer, & market the product.
- As stated above, Amazon is an incredible company showing staggering growth trends & great promise for the future. You have the opportunity to capitlize on this momentum.
- Its never been easier to be in business selling physical products thanks to Amazon’s FBA service. Forget the days of selling on eBay where you had to purchase multiple pallets from manufacturer, store it in your garage, package & ship it individually using USPS. Amazon does everything for you, what a relief!
- So many product niches & sub niches to choose from, seemingly endless opportunities.
- The possibility of taking these new skills & duplicate your success by launching more products, there is a repeatable process to success
- Ability to build multiple streams of income. This is the key to creating the lifestyle you want. What’s the point of making a lot of money if you have no time to enjoy it? Philip has training on how to hire virtual assistants eventually to take over a lot of the daily grind tasks off your shoulders, so you can spend more time chillin by the pool with your family & friends.
- There is potential for massive win. For example, if you create a winning product and there is good branding, you are essentially building brand equity. Later on, other investors or companies may want to buy out your entire business & brand.
Some things I don’t like about the Amazon biz?
- Unlike achieving Google page 1 rankings, Amazon page 1 rankings aren’t as permanent. Even with page 1 rankings, you can still have plenty of competition for example other products with thousands of reviews already. Its very tough to beat those listings.
- Takes a while to get any sales. You have to go through a whole process setting up your business first, product procurement, ordering a sample & testing it, creating the listing & building reviews. Compared to some other online opportunities, I’d say there’s more steps involved with Amazon business before you can produce a sale.
- Some things are not under your control such as Amazon coming up with various updates on what is allowed & not allowed, for example in the past it was much easier to fabricate Amazon 5 star reviews, now it is not so these major changes can reak havoc on your business if you’re not staying up to speed with the trends. Dealing with negative reviews is another issue.
- Picking a bad product can cause a lot of issues despite doing every other step correctly
- There is no perfect formula to know which product will be winners, which requires launching multiple products at once to ensure more probability of guarantee success but this is mostly too much workload for one person starting off.
- Out of stock issues & manufacturer issues, unlike selling digital products or coaching programs, whenever you’re dealing with selling physical products there is more on-going work required & profit margins are smaller because there is a defnitive cost of product
- So easy for competitiors to copy your winning product idea & concept, really can’t protect yourself from that
- Competition is getting tougher as more people attempt to sell on Amazon, & there is only so many spots on page 1.
Final Word on this Amazon FBA Course
Philip does an excellent job with this course. Its big juicty & full of pratical steps to get you going successfully on Amazon.
He not only goes over how to get a winning product selling on Amazon using awesome strategies like running some Facebook ad campaigns to it & more but he also goes into how to scale your Amazon business by hiring VA (vitual assistants), & eventually selling the Amazon business.
Its damn solid Amazon course.
If starting a real business on Amazon pulls at your heart strings then this will be a great investment.
A good course / mentor like this could save you months to years in time & thousands of dollars saved on making costly mistakes.
This is essentially Philip Covington’s years worth of experience packed into a condensed bite-size lessons so you don’t have to make the same mistakes.
Amazon business will take time & dedication to build. You will face stumbling blocks & frustrations along the way. Even Philip will admit to his own struggles building his Amazon biz.
It is not for the feint of heart.
It is for those of you that are sick & tired of being sick & tired.
Had it up to here! At your breaking point. Cannot stand working your 9 to 5 that you hate any longer.
Humans for whatever reason aren’t great at taking massive action when they’re comfortable.
I was much the same way, it was when I became desperate to change my life circumstance because my 9 to 5 job was paying me a shit wage, that I actually took actions that changed the course of my life.
For me, it was learning local lead generation.
Dominating page 1 rankings with your own websites & harnessing the power of free traffic.
My sites change the lives of local businesses owners & in return my life is also changed.
Free traffic changes lives.
That should be a new hashtag.
Each website I rank earns income for me month after month. I look at them almost like real estate, my own digital properties that each have its monthly paying client.
Although its superior to real estate in many ways like no overhead or maintenance!
In my opinion local lead gen marketing is one of the smartest way to make money online in 2018. A biz that has many winning factors: longterm, evergreen, ethical, leveraged & proven.
To check out what this local lead gen biz is all about & some of the testimonials, go here.
Talk soon, -lppei