Sup ya’ll, lppei here pronounced Epay
I tell people its eBay put with a P… and that seems to stick. lol…
This is a story of how an average guy went from being broke to $100K per month. From a 9 to 5 J.O.B only making $35K a year to now having built several 6-figure businesses.
Not just any business.
Ya know… the kind that allows you to work on a beach with a laptop.
I quit my J.O.B. with the lead generation business but I diversified into other businesses to multiply my streams of income.
- Digital Marketing (specifically Lead Generation) – $50K per month
- Amazon FBA – Got up to $15K per month
- Shopify Dropshipping – Got up to $10K per month
- Affiliate Marketing – $3K per month
These are without a doubt, the hottest online businesses out right now.
I’m here to tell ya, they all work.
Pros & Cons for every business.
There’s some key differences I learned through blood, sweat & tears that you should know.
Devils in the details.
Yes Lead Gen is at the top of my list, without a doubt it’s my #1 recommendation.
What the heck is it? Simple.
You rank websites in Google search engine for local services like plumbers, roofers, electricians, etc -> Generate Leads with ’em -> Sell the leads to a local companies.
Ok… now you might be sayin: “shit! I already started the eCom thing”
I have my own reasons to believe why I think lead gen is the Lamborghini of internet businesses & imo the most practical biz in 2019 for most ppl.
But eCom still holds plenty of potential & for some it may be the thing for you.
Once you’ve successfully made multiple businesses work then you really begin to get crystal clear on which business is right for you that’s in alignment with the lifestyle you want.
When it comes to making money online… There’s more than one way to Rome.
So how did I end up going into all these different businesses instead of sticking to one?
Well, I’ve always had the personality of wanting to try different things, acquiring new knowledge & getting into new experiences.
- Every time I go back to Miami or Vegas, I always want to try out new restaurants instead of going to the same ones that I liked from previous visits
- Set routines kill me
- Gotta always order more than 1 flavor at the ice cream shop
- I’ve been to 25+ countries so far (Japan is still my favorite tho… my home country where I was born)
- I now rent two different living places (Detroit, MI & Sacramento, CA) Why? Because 2 is better than 1! but in all seriousness main reason is that my mentor lives in Sac & Michigan is still where my heart resides)
- I own 2 cars (Tesla P100D & Chrysler 300S) Sorry for the flex.
- I always say “I’m in” whenever I’m invited to some excursions… Cut to March of 2019 when I was in a different city every weekend. (1st weekend – UFC event in Vegas, 2nd weekend – snowboarding in Utah, 3rd weekend – wedding in Key West, FL, 4th weekend – my 30th birthday in Michigan) Needless to say I was
- I can keep going on with stories like that but I digress
Even though I got my start in lead generation, I didn’t just stay here, because multiple streams of income is better than 1.
Like 2 years ago, some relationship expert guy taught me about this personality test called the Enneagram and he showed me how I can take my birthdate and using numerology, figure out my personality type. (a lil’ woo woo I know… but if your curious I wrote a guide on how to check your Enneagram type here.)
There’s 9 personality types, apparently its being used by many top level psychologists.
It turn out I’m Enneagram type 7.
It seemed pretty freakin’ spot on to me.
My strength is that I am capable of mastering multiple fields or disciplines.
So let me give you a quick timeline of when I got into all these different online businesses.
- 2007 to 2012 – College years at Michigan State University (Go Green!) Tons of drinking, skipping classes, playing Halo & chasin’ girls. Oh ya I graduated with a
- 2012 to 2014 – Worked for an auto-parts company 40 hrs per week making $35K per year, $2200 per month after taxes (dreadful years of being stuck in a cubicle waiting for the hrs to pass by so I can go home at 5:30 pm)
- September of 2014 – Joined the lead generation coaching program and started making my first dollar online
- April of 2015 – Just 7 months after I joined the lead gen program, I had built up enough online income to quit my job (most exciting moment of my life to date)
- 2015 to 2017 – Grinded on my lead gen biz HARD, I got my residual monthly income up to $25K per month. Started traveling a bit, went on an epic 3 week Europe Trip. London->Amsterdam->Prague->Germany->Barcelona->Ibiza
- Also in 2016 – Started Amazon FBA business
- 2017 to 2018 – Grinded hard on Amazon FBA and Shopify Dropshipping business
- 2018 to 2019 – Launched several Affiliate Marketing Sites & also spent major ad spends on FB Ads for affiliate marketing & dropshipping. ($100K plus on FB ad spend)
- 2019 – Coming back full circle, I decided to double down on the lead generation business & stick to building my online business with free traffic only that I control.
What does my life look like now?
I guess you can checkout my Instagram.
I moved to Sacramento, CA in September 2018 with Shiv (another student in the lead gen program), we now live 5 min away from Dan (who’s the main mentor of the lead gen program).
I still live part of the year of the year in my Detroit apartment.
Living that motto pretty well these days: Work Hard, Play Hard
The Turning Point for my Success
Like many people, I’ve been devouring personal development material for years.
But I was still stuck at only making $35K per year at a job I hated.
What was I missing?
The most critical lesson I learned in my transition from hourly wage worker to entrepreneur was this.
Before starting your own business.
You need to develop high-income skills.
When I learned the skill of lead generation with Free Traffic, I was finally able to begin seeing tangible results (my ability to make money)
“Skills pay the bills”
“Mindset alone is not enough, You need Mindset & Skills” -Dan Lok (another mentor of mine)
Dan Lok’s Wealth Triangle re-iterates the importance of developing high-income skills beautifully.
In fact, Dan Lok doesn’t even recommend starting a business until you’re making at least $10K per month with a high-income skill you have developed.
For example, you can’t always count on real estate for consistent income because what happens when the tenant leaves abruptly & you can’t find someone new?
Or what if the economy crashes?
However, if you have a high-income skill, no one can take that away from you.
You can always count on yourself to make good money.
High-income skills give you the stability, the confidence that no matter what happens to your assets or finances, even if everything was taken from you, you have the skills to get back up to where you were before.
“Seek to be financially confident, not financially free”
Dan Lok says the first thing you have to do is to invest in developing your skills, go to a seminar, buy a course or better yet get a mentor that’s gonna teach you A through Z.
Most successful people I’ve studied at one point in their life had a mentor.
Back in 2014, when I jumped on the coaching program with Dan.
I wasn’t aware just how impactful that one decision was going to be for me.
Now in hindsight, that was easily one of the most important decisions I’ve ever made in my life.
Local lead generation is not only a high-income skill, but its one of the most sought-after skill on the internet today.
Pretty much every local business needs a lead generation specialist.
Not only that but you can build a scalable business with this skillset.
Which covers the second piece of the Wealth Triangle.
This was why I was able to rise so quickly with this coaching program.
I already had a solid mindset: driven, motivated & tenacious.
I was simply lacking the high-income skills & a scalable business model.
Our mentor Dan says all the time “Just follow the process”
You don’t need to know why this stuff works so well, just do it.
I for sure didn’t know all about business at the time, I just did it, followed the system to the T, produced results, then rinse & repeat.
In hindsight, the lead generation coaching program was taking me by the hand & forcing me to follow the principles of the Wealth Triangle to the T.