Today I go over the top 3 affiliate marketing training course of 2019, each of these courses were worth the investment and I’ll show you why, as well as my results with it, how much money I actually made with these courses.
To gives a brief background, by the time I got serious about getting successful with affiliate marketing in 2017, I had already built a $30K per month local lead generation business by going through this coaching program. (which btw is still my #1 recommendation)
I was able to prove to myself that you can make money with affiliate marketing but I learned in the process of mastering this business model that there’s a big difference between making money with free traffic vs. paid traffic as an affiliate marketer.
Pros & Cons to both for sure, but in the long run a business that runs on free traffic is superior because its completely hands off business that keeps making money for you while you sleep since the internet never sleeps. With Paid Traffic you can start getting traffic much more quickly but in the long run it ends up being a lot more work because you have to constantly tweak & monitor the performance of the ads, more on this later.
This is why I put the local lead generation model using free traffic above affiliate marketing at this point because its not that difficult to get free traffic quite yet, many niches in affiliate marketing has been heavily saturated for quite some time now, especially since 2016, with Google’s Panda changes, again more on this later.
Here’s my list of the top 3 Affiliate Marketing courses that you can get your hands on today.
- 3. Traffic Master Academy by Gerry Cramer
- 2. Affiliate Marketing Mastery by Stefan James of Project Life Mastery
- 1. Internet Jetset & Super Affiliate System by John Crestani
- Other Affiliate Marketing courses I’ve looked Into
- Pros & Cons of Affiliate Marketing
- Conclusion: Affiliate Marketing vs Free Traffic Lead Generation
3. Traffic Master Academy by Gerry Cramer
Traffic Master Academy is his latest course, I’ve been part of his other courses which include Rise Academy and MentorMe.
What he teaches is using Facebook ads to drive traffic to affiliate offers.
MentorMe was actually 1-on-1 coaching, my coach was one of Gerry’s success students Nick Torson.
It was a learning experience and made money with it but I ran into so much issues of my ad account kept getting banned because Facebook really doesn’t like most of these affiliate offers to be promoted. It was till later one that I discovered a technique to acquire new ad accounts.
There’s definitely money to be made with what they teach but because you’re 100% dependent on paid traffic, its also big risks and doing affiliate on paid traffic is definitely not the easiest business model out there because you’re only working with very slim margins. Anyway here’s an example of an Ad I created with Gerry and my MentorMe coach Nick.
The image is the most important part of the ad. We use vector art instead of a real picture because it stands out and acts as a pattern interrupt, which increases CTR. Also the picture tells stories and uses strange images that makes the audience wonder what’s going on, so it makes you wanna click to figure it out, that’s called opening a loop.
Gerry knows what he’s doing when it comes to Facebook ads, even though I don’t do affiliate marketing with paid ads anymore I’ve taken what I learned from Gerry and have applied to running ads for my own lead generation business or to promote our own lead gen coaching program. From my experience, those do better with paid advertising because its your own product or service so you have much bigger profit margins to be able to afford the paid traffic, with affiliate its really tough because you’re still selling someone else’s product so your margins are slimmer.
2. Affiliate Marketing Mastery by Stefan James of Project Life Mastery
I like Stefan’s approach of building your affiliate marketing business around your passion and letting your personality shine through.
100 people might promote the same offer but there’s only one you.
Meaning its not always about the product that converts, it may be the story behind the product that sells. Your own personal story.
In fact this is exactly how Stefan built his multiple 6 figure online brand of Project Life Mastery with over 500,000 Youtube subscribers and his site projectlifemastery.com is a highly ranked personal development blog that he’s been working on since 2012.
What I like about Stefan is that he’s doing exactly what he teaches for his own business and its clear that he has reached that top 1% of success amongst affiliate marketers.
He shares with you many of the tips he has learned over the years from setting up wordpress sites, to blogging, email marketing to creating your own youtube channel.
How Stefan built his online business is the most authentic way, sure it can take a while but you’re building something that comes from the heart, instead of selling any kind of affiliate offer just for the money. Stefan’s business aligns with his life’s purpose so therefore the money he makes online means more to him because he’s actually impacting lives in a positive way.
He’s a big inspiration for me to build this blog so that I can also inspire others with my journey as an internet entrepreneur. His affiliate course shares with you mindset and just a solid approach on how to build your own legacy that’s driven from your passion.
Read my full review here.
1. Internet Jetset & Super Affiliate System by John Crestani
John Crestani’s course is probably one of the most comprehensive affiliate marketing training out there, because it teaches you all the ways in which affiliates generate their traffic.
- SEO / Google organic rankings
- Facebook Ads
- Native Ads
Internet Jetset is the basic course for only $47, its a great place to start for beginners.
He does have the more advanced training which is the Super Affiliate System, which is probably what you need to successfully run paid traffic with affiliate offers.
Read my full review here.
In the above picture its John Crestani on the left and his business partner Carlos Cruz on the right.
In 2017, I hired Carlos Cruz to be my one on one mentor so he can teach me affiliate marketing running Facebook ads.
This is when I finally started having consistent success with affiliate marketing.
We made ads like these…
I made some money with it for sure, I was making $3000 to $4000 per month promoting anti-wrinkle offer, on average working 2-3 hours per day to maintain ads, monitor performance, do other tweaks with my accounts. Many people with full time jobs may hear that and think its amazing but for me it just wasn’t worth my time especially because with my lead gen business that was already doing multiple 6 figure at the time, just one of my lead gen site can make that much once its ranked, and it doesn’t require anymore on-going work. I can keep stacking on my income, with affiliate marketing there was time investment required everyday to maintain a certain level of sales.
But I truly had to figure out affiliate marketing and successfully make money from it myself to come to that understanding and to be able to let it go ultimately but in that process I’ve tried many different courses.
I paid Carlos $10,000 to coach me 1-on-1, but not everyone can afford that kind of an investment and it won’t be ideal for beginner because you’re already expected to know the basics. This is why I recommend John’s course at least it’ll be more affordable and it should still give you all the training you need to make money with affiliate marketing.
Ready my full review of John’s course here.
Other Affiliate Marketing courses I’ve looked Into
- Internet Lifestyle Academy – Mike Vestil
- Aversity Gold Masterclass – Sean Bagheri
- Affiliate Marketing Champ – ODI Productions
- Affiliate Marketing Revolution – Luca De Stefani
- few others
Me and my team will just go through these courses and just try to pick up the important bits, many of them share the same info tho.
These courses were okay… but we got more out of the top 3 we listed above.
Pros & Cons of Affiliate Marketing
Ok so here is my list of top pros & cons of affiliate marketing today as it stands in 2019, trying to be as objective as I can based on my personal experience since 2014.
- All you need to worry about is traffic generation, you allow the other company to handle the order fulfillment, which makes this the most hassle free online business as long as you have traffic, its autopilot cash into your bank account
- Unbelievably diverse opportunities, there’s an affiliate offer for anything & everything you can think of. Just type “niche” + “affiliate program” and you’ll find something out there
- It easy to learn but very difficult to master, so as long as you get the right mentor & training, you can do some damage. Skill comes into play, and skill is something that you can work on.
- As you learn affiliate marketing, you’ll pick up skills that’s useful in other business models as well such as learning to build funnels, email marketing, doing SEO, or running paid ads. Any one of these skills can be used to help other companies out there as a service and get paid great money for it. Or help your own business
- Super competitive, because you can make sales without dealing directly with the customer, this is a perfect business opportunity for people from overseas, India, Russia, etc so in many niches not only are you competing nationally, you’re gonna be competing with affiliates from other countries
- It can sometimes feel sleezy to sell affiliate offers especially in some niches, the product that converts the best are not always the best product for people, for example, I was promoting this anti-aging cream, not because I thought it was actually great for people but because that was the only offer that was converting well on Facebook ads and my mentor told me to do it. A lot of the marketing that’s used to sell those products are manipulating people’s negative emotions about their self-image and I would get bunch of comments from people that claimed that the product was a scam. I made some money but it didn’t make feel that great promoting an anti-wrinkle cream that I had very little faith in.
- SEO / ranking websites for most affiliate niches have become extremely difficult after 2016, due to Google updates that favored authoritative sites over “sniper sites” that targeting very long tail keywords.
- Very challenging to successful run affiliate offers on Facebook ads because of the small margin you’re working with already as an affiliate and Facebook really dislikes most affiliate offers which results in on-going issues with ad accounts getting banned.
Conclusion: Affiliate Marketing vs Free Traffic Lead Generation
Here’s the thing, affiliate marketing used to be a lot sexier pre-2014.
Back then you could still slap together sniper sites that targeted certain keywords, rank it with relative ease and start earning 100% passive income with that site month after month.
However in 2019, shit is a different ball game now.
First of all Google Panda update happened in 2016 which really caused these sniper sites that target super long tail keywords to not work as well anymore.
Now Google really rewards authoritative sites.
Back then, if there were 2 phrases that meant the same thing but worded differently like
- affordable dog collar
- dog collar inexpensive
Someone could make two seperate pages to target the 2 differently phrased words and those articles would outrank other articles that didn’t quite target that exact phrase.
So what ended up happening was people would create bunch of different pages on their affiliate sites so that they can target all the different iterations of a phrase so that they can scoop up all the different keywords just with sheer volume of different pages.
This is what made the strategy of writing quantity of content became popularized.
This resulted in bunch of low quality pages getting ranked to the top of Google, which reduced end user experience.
Google couldn’t have that.
So with the Panda update, Google grew wise to this, and made it so that it grouped all of these different longtail keywords that meant the same thing together so now 1 page from a very authoritative site can rank for many different keywords.
Which means page 1 for most affiliate searched terms is now filled with pretty darn powerful sites.
Which has made affiliate marketing by ranking sites a lot more difficult and too time consuming. Generally takes me at least 1 year, sometimes 2 years to rank a brand new affiliate site these days.
This is why so many people are trying to run paid traffic to affiliate offers, but that’s also quite challenging in its own right because unless you have every little facet dialed in, such as the offer, landing page, & ad. Your ad performance (CPC & CTR) won’t be good enough to still be profitable. Remember now you have to pay for every click so if you don’t got everything perfect you could easily lose money or spend lots of money, only to break even or make little bit of profit.
Ultimately generating income online with free traffic is the holy grail, because once a site (digital property) ranks, you can sort of leave it alone and it keeps going to work for you day after day.
This is why even though I’ve been doing some affiliate marketing for years now and make some money with it, I’ve predominantly been focused on the local lead generation business since 2014.
Because with local lead gen, all you have to worry about is competing with 20-30 local companies instead of thousands of affiliate marketers.
Here what one of our students, Taylor had to say…
In other words, competition is easily 10x easier and there’s a lot of money to be made in local, people just haven’t caught on yet because most software and Google keyword planner aren’t good at picking up any search volume for local search terms like “Plumber Troy MI”
Many of those terms will show 0 monthly search volume, even though there’s clearly searches happening everyday and tons of business happening.
With Local Lead Generation, it still allows newbies to begin leveraging the power of organic rankings and building passive income with free traffic.
Go here for my #1 recommendation lead gen coaching program that finally allowed me to build my sustainable 6 figure internet business.