Dropship Lifestyle by Anton Kraly is an online education course that teaches you how to start an e-commerce business using the Shopify store platform.
Drop Ship Lifestyle or (DSL) was launched by Anton in 2013, and in 2019 it was voted the best eCom course by Shopify.
And it’s well deserved.
But is it a course that will jive with your unique style? And is eCommerce a business model that you should continue to pursue?
What if it’s a scam? Insert terrified Home Alone face emoji…
Well, spoiler alert..
It’s not a scam… so take your hands off of your face Macaulay Culkin.
Those are all the same exact questions I had when I was looking to dive into this eCommerce course back in 2017. Yes, I dove in alright, and I stayed in for 1.5 years selling everything from Poodle pendants to Segway knockoffs.
Why wouldn’t the world need more ways to express it’s love of Poodles?
I realized however that in the background, my income was growing passively from another genius biz model that I had invested in back in 2014. I was capitalizing big-time from simply ranking my lead gen sites on Google, and sending calls directly to the local business owners.
These businesses pay me consistently to this day, and I am so stoked to be able to say I’m at $50k a month as of July 2019. If only I had stayed laser focused on what was already WORKING for me, I wouldn’t have wasted so much time and energy on e-commerce.
Don’t worry, I ain’t knocking e-com entirely. For some, e-commerce is a strong suit. Word of advice for beginners: It is VERY helpful to have someone to guide you as you build your skills.
When you don’t have a good mentor, learning ANY new skill can be like trying to read Egyptian Hieroglyphs.
Good mentors are golden.
Take Anton for example.
Anton has been fine-tuning his course since 2013, and every year he’s consistently added new things to his course. He regularly updates it which is why there’s a version # that keeps going up every year.
I like the fact that Aton has over 12 years of experience with his own dropship business, which is a lot more than a lot of the dropship gurus out there. Many others selling similar courses only have a couple years of success.
A lot of the online reviews out there for this course are overwhelmingly positive. Use discretion however, because some of these reviews might be biased. Many reviewers are often promoting the course itself because they are making money as affiliates…
I’ll be taking a more unbiased stance with this review as someone that’s made quite a bit of money with the drop shipping business. I’ve been following Anton’s material for a while, but also I’ve got other successful online businesses as well.
I’ll hopefully answer the most commonly asked question: Is the Drop Shipping biz right for me.. or in other words.. is it future Wife / Husband material?
Do I want to make beautiful e-commerce babies with it..?
Actual footage of an e-commerce baby:
OR is it only good for a few hot dates?
But seriously, you gotta ask questions like..
What are the pros and cons?
What are the common challenges of this business?
What does it take to succeed?
Is Anton Kraly DSL course legit?
Also I’ll go into some detail on dropping versus other online businesses, and if you care to read it, you might learn a thing or two.
Dropship Lifestyle Course Overview
This course includes an A – Z guide on everything you need to know to become successful selling physical products online.
Everything from product selection, finding the supplier, setting up a site, optimization, paid advertising.
- Module1: Niche Selection
- Module2: Market Research
- Module3: Web Design
- Module4: Supplier Selection & Approvals
- Module5: Optimization for Conversions
- Module6: Get Traffic (Paid traffic strategies)
- Module7: Automation
I love courses that have a lot of meat, and less fluff.
The juiciest takeaways from Anton’s course?
- Pick a product that leads to repeat purchases.
- Pick a high-ticket product to sell (at least $200 per sale, but somewhere around $1000 per sale)
- Don’t just using Facebook Ads, but also use Google Product Listing Ads, which might be better because it is intent driven. People are ALREADY looking for your product, and this converts better than interrupting someone on Facebook that may have no interest.
- No upsells inside the course.
- Anton constantly updates his training or adds new training.
- Anton has hired several coaches that you can do 1-on-1 coaching sessions with for extra guidance & mentorship.
What prices and levels are available?
I don’t always like to admit it, but ever since my Poodle pendant dropshipping phase, I’ve been somewhat of a walking Poodle encyclopedia. Did you know that Poodles come in four sizes? Ironically, enough, so do Anton’s courses (actually 5 to be exact, but I’ll explain..)
10 Day Mini Course: We’ll call this one, the teacup poodle. Anton offers a 10 day mini course that is free until you hit day 10. Then it’s $47. This course primarily covers high ticket items. It’s a pretty good overview for noobs, and it is sent out to you in sections over the course of the 10 days, so it’s not overwhelming to absorb.
If you’re into miniature versions of things, this could be for you…
DS Labs – This is the lowest priced option Anton has, but it is an ongoing monthly membership. Like a toy Poodle (the next size up in the Poodle breed), its small yet feisty. It covers a variety of topics including product research, finding a supplier, getting traffic, and the process for starting a store. Facebook group access comes with it as well. This course membership will cost you an ongoing $30 per month.
Downside? You can’t dye it blue.
DSL Basic – This one is akin to a miniature poodle. Still hella cute yet can also do some damage to your run of the mill burglar. It’s a video course that will run you $1297. Includes support, forum access, dropshipping app, and ways to get Shopify themes from other members. Also includes an AdWords course.
DSL Premium – So here’s a course akin to the Standard Poodle. Despite the fluffy exterior, underneath it all you will find a full size normal dog… but still a Poodle. A poodle that will cost you a pretty penny at $1497. Includes everything in the Basic course plus a guide on selling your store, outsourcing, Facebook Ads, VIP support, and a supplier directory.
Wait, wait, wait… Did I just really find a Poodle that is making a Home Alone face when I JUST referenced this movie earlier in the same article?? Can I get some mad extra cred for this… someone?? Anyone??
DSL Ultimate – So because technically there are only 4 sizes of Poodle that are widely accepted, I found this:
It’s a Poodle next to a baby. So it looks bigger. That’s all I got people. I maxed myself out after that Macaulay Poodle. If you don’t like it, go start breeding Giant Poodles or something.
This is the most expensive option, but it also packs the most punch. At $4997 you get everything already listed, as well as 1 year of private coaching, a Bali retreat, social media channel set up, and Shopify store set up.
What does it take to succeed in the eCom business?
It’s not a simple set it and leave it type of business like my local lead gen biz.
To be successful in eCom you have to become a good internet marketer as well as great at managing a store that sells physical products.
The Stuff that matters by Anton Kraly:
- Niche Selection (very crucial step)
- Doing proper market research
- Finding Your Competitors
- Finding the Best Suppliers
- Setting up a website that people actually wanna buy from
- Talking to the suppliers and working out a deal with them
- Optimizing your site for conversions
- Getting the right kind of traffic
- Once the site is live, taking care of people hitting your site and tracking them to see what they are doing. Are they buying? If not, determine why?
- Implement live chats to ask customers if they’re stuck and find out what they need help with
- Answer the phone when someone calls you
- Check the emails and respond quickly
- Dealing with customer complaints or product returns
It takes real hands-on work to keep this e-commerce business going, and because you’re paying for your traffic, there’s no room for slacking.
It’s no secret that trying to sell physical products online is a pretty competitive space, especially when most buyers are used to buying from more popular stores like Amazon or eBay. So you’d better make sure that everything else about the business is A++, not just the product itself.
Not to downplay this business model, but one of the biggest complaints I hear about it is dealing with customer service and dealing with product complaints or returns.
Ugh, what a buzz kill.
I have to admit that this is a big reason why selling physical products, in general, will always require more work to produce the same amount of profit than selling digital products like an online course or providing some sort of SEO / Marketing service (which is what I do).
Pros & Cons of Drop Shipping eCom Shopify Business
- Since you don’t manufacture the product yourself, there’s great potential to scale the business once you get all the pieces just right (product selection, FB ad performance, website conversion, order fulfillment).
- Many students have proven that there’s so many different types of potential winning products to sell online. (Would you like to see my Poodle Pendant collection?)
- You have a lot more control versus other businesses like selling on Amazon FBA, you can control your own profit margins, store/brand look & feel.
- Not dealing with middleman, its just you and your supplier.
- Collect your own customer data, building your own email marketing list. (Note: You can’t do this with the Amazon FBA business because Amazon owns the customer data) This again adds more potential to building your own long-term business. Cha-Ching!
- You can take payment from customers first, then order from the suppliers that’ll ship direct to customer, so you don’t have to put out your own capital for some bulk order.
- No need to manage inventory in your garage, drop ship means you have your supplier do inventory management for you.
- The Shopify store platform makes it very easy for any newbie to design & develop an online store.
- Utilizing Facebook Advertising & Google product listing ads means you don’t have to learn SEO (website ranking) skills, which can take some time to master.
- No need to talk to real people / sales / closing deals with clients, etc. Its pretty much all virtual. So if you generally hate people, this could be a good fit.
- Order fulfillment of physical products becomes time-consuming at scale, makes it difficult to work on or start other online businesses.
- Physical products can break, and there is the nuisance of dealing with complaints and returns. So again… if you generally hate people, this could make you hate them MORE…
- Profit margin can be quite low at 10-20% usually, one of the smallest profit margins for online business that requires on-going effort, its not like affiliate marketing or local lead generation where you can just forget about it & still make money.
- Competition can be steep, too steep for certain product niches, Amazon has such low prices these days coupled with some companies that own their own manufacturer & distribution channels.
- Complete reliance on paid traffic, means constant monitoring of your ROI, ad spend vs. profits & conversions. On-going tweaking of ads. Just adds to more of that on-going work required to keep this business alive. Kind of like having a “business hamster” on a wheel… only if you fall off the wheel, your business hamster completely dies. And then you have to explain that to your four year old. Sounds like fun!
- Niche selection. Having so many products that you can sell is a blessing & a curse. A lot of people get stuck on deciding what products to sell. The truth is not all products sell well with eCom, these factors make this step pretty challenging for some people.
Final Word on the Dropship Business
Many people can succeed with eCom, that’s for sure. Like every online business, it has its pros and cons. It just depends on what sort of things you enjoy doing.
Some people are really good at sales or talking to people. If this is the case, then eCom might not be the best path since you might be more suited for an online business that is leveraged greatly by sales skills.
If you’re really bad at being organized and following a set routine, and you prefer to think big and constantly do something new, then this drop shipping business might not be for you. It can be quite monotonous at times.
I gotta admit, it might be a big reason why I decided to focus on a different business for myself.
I’m more the adventurous / challenge fueled type of personality that likes to always be doing something new.
Me being adventurous in real time:
Now I’m able to do that with my current business and I really enjoy the freedom it gives me.
Yeah, it just aligns more closely with my personality type.
Considering that, I think my personality type might be the major key factor in why I am now successful with my own online business. That, but also because this system is so easy, virtually anyone can do it.
Insert Poodle working on her lead gen properties:
But no matter what you decide to pursue to become an online money making machine, I recommend getting a mentor. It can save you so much time and money vs. trying to learn this shit yourself.
Dropship Lifestyle by Anton is a great option for you to get fast tracked towards eCom success, and I particularly like the fact that he teaches students to sell high-ticket items (products that sell for at least $200, but mostly around $1000 range per sale).
Why I Decided to Stop My eCom Efforts & Focus on Local Marketing Instead?
As most of my readers know, I reached my first six figure online income with my local lead generation business and over the course of 3 years, I grew it to $50K per month which is where I am currently on this date: July 15th 2019.
It ain’t exactly easy to make that decision to put a ring on it as they say..
However, there’s a strong list of reasons why I love this business so much and why it fits me perfectly.
- We use free traffic so once you rank a site, you can pretty much forget about it and it keeps generating income for you.
- Profit margins are much higher, at nearly 100% once the site is ranked.
- Such a relief to not worry about physical product shipping or customer service.
- Much lighter competition. Instead of dealing with hundreds of other big companies that sell similar physical products, you only have to compete with 10-20 local businesses for the rankings.
I’ve had my share of struggles trying to start an online business and I was highly driven to quit my 9 to 5 job.
After I finally accomplished that in 2015, I’ve been blessed with this online lifestyle
And it is 100% marriage material.
Not having to go to a job I hate every day, but instead, making my own hours working at something that I truly enjoy doing with an opportunity to continually increase my income? That’s truly been a blessing and it has changed my life for the better on so many levels.
I am now passionate about sharing my own path with others.
We have a coaching course that teaches the exact local lead generation business model that changed my life. It’s for those that are sick & tired of being sick & tired. Those that are willing to do whatever it takes to attain that laptop lifestyle for themselves.
Here are some badasses doing it as we speak:
Here’s some from June 2019:
July 2019 Summer Update: Las Vegas #Reload!
I was invited to be a speaker at our annual conference in Las Vegas. I shared my journey with a room full of students, many of whom I also call friends. So thankful and full of joy for what I do, and for the ability to share my success with fellow students. Plus I get to positively impact business owners across the USA.
After making so much crazy passive cash over the last 5 years from this, I am proud to be able to deem this genius business model as “The One”!
And we lived happily ever after…