Gretta went from zero to $600K USD revenue in 6 months with e-commerce with a tea product called SkinnyMe Tea, which created a whole new niche in of itself called teatox. Effectively launching her into becoming a successful entrepreneur from a young age 21.
Damn, impressive. She beat me by 4 years.
She won Shopify’s build a business competition in 2013 beating out thousands of e-commerce store owners.
She then went on to launch few other successful multi-million dollar brands…
The 5th, a global watch brand
Drop Bottle which are these cool looking water bottles with cool designs.
and even a networking place called Nichify where brands & influencers can come together.
All within 5 years since she first became an entrepreneur.
I know how much work goes into launching ecommerce & maintaining the business (customer order fullfillment, etc) so mad respect to the sick hustle of Gretta.
After launching not just one but multiple successful e-commerce stores, Gretta realized her success was repeatable and she began distilling a system for her success, and is now willing to teach others to do the same.
Having that proven system is so important to fast track a complete newbie’s success, just as it was with my local lead gen business. I simply followed a working blueprint.
Start & Scale Course Summary
Things I love about this course.
- Love that this course is broken down into real action steps, no fluffy theories & endless mindset stuff. Gretta tells you to go take real actions.
- Battle-tested Coach… there’s a lot of courses out there being created for the sake of making money on courses by people that haven’t actually achieved real success themselves. Gretta has created 4 multiple 7 figure e-commerce brands all from scratch, with $0 in venture capital. She’s the real deal. NO scam here.
- Yes they have their own private facebook group, where you get on-going support
The Good & the Bad of an E-commerce Business
- Ecommerce is a growing industry as more and more people use mobile, it is steadily growing at 23% every year by 2020 sales will top $4 trillion
- Better profit margins than owning a storefront. Much less overhead. Ship directly from manufacturers overseas right to your customer’s doorstep. With e-commerce business, you do everything remotely, no need to maintain inventory in your garage.
- It could be fun & exciting especially if you’re really passionate about a particular product
- The potential to gain massive amounts of loyal fans to your unique product, The power of growing your brand
- Ability to scale to big numbers with just 1 product
- The potential for a great idea for a product to go viral, or even like in Gretta’s case open up a whole new sub-niche like with her “teatox” and completely dominate the sub-niche
- With great advertising platforms like Facebook, you can reach your intended audience more effectively than ever before and the speed at which you can now scale is unparalleled to any other time in history. Go big or go home.
- Requires a bit of talent in coming up with an awesome product that resonates with your intended audience. Requires a pretty keen sense on what makes your audience tick, how to present & market your product properly to your audience. The look & feel of the site, etc. Some could be great in this area while others may really struggle to really get this right. Some may even call this the X factor.
- E-commerce like all business opportunities gets more saturated by the year, you will deal with ever-increasing number of competitors
- How to generate steady traffic to your online store? Facebook ads can be tricky at times and it is not fail-proof. Ad cost can become expensive at times. Ranking your site organically in Google is pretty much too difficult to do for a beginner.
- Requires On-going work to fulfill customer orders because you’re dealing with physical products. It has its own challenges such as your manufacturer going out of stock, products breaking & malfunctioning, dealing with returns, etc. If profit margins aren’t great, then a lot of e-commerce people get burned out. Even Gretta’s watch site showed all their products were currently Sold Out.
- Managing issues with overseas manufacturers can be challenging at times
- Not all store launch will be successful, when it is not, it can be quite costly in time & money spent on the whole process of research, building store, etc. (this can be avoided with proper research prior but its still not 100% fail proof either)
Final Thoughts on Gretta Rose Van Riel’s Start and Scale E-commerce Course
When it comes to coaching courses on E-Commerce, Gretta’s is one of the best out there. Quality material.
Big fist pump.
She’s also one of the most successful E-Commerce people out there that became a coach.
Her success is eclipsing many of the so-called E-Commerce coach or gurus out there.
She’s a go-getter and an action taker, her optimistic, driven outlook on life & business is infectious and highly motivating.
They say “you’re the 5 people you hang out with most”
“if you want to become a millionaire, become friends with 5 millionaires & you’ll figure out how to be the 6th”
Now more than any time in history, you can consciously pick those 5 people, by connecting with them virtually.
When you rub shoulders with successful people that’s already done it. You’re going to get something more than just actionable steps to follow.
You’re going to gain perspective.
Perspective is everything.
Perspective can change you permanently in an instant.
When you see what’s possible on the other side & realize how surprisingly simple it all is.
You begin thinking “Man I can do this”
I had that moment of clarity as well with my local marketing business.
When I produced my first lead for a local limousine company using free traffic, I had a huge light bulb go off.
I can do this, I can make money online. I am going to earn a living online.
That’s when it all changed for me.
I am sure Gretta experienced the same realization when she sold her first 4 products on the first day of launching her SkinnyMe Tea brand.
I love this entrepreneurial shit.
There’s never been anytime like this in history with the internet which gives anybody the means to scale at massive levels from the comfort of their own home.
It’s truly incredible when you begin grasping & living the amazing boundless opportunities that exist today.
If you feel E-Commerce is your calling then you will not be disappointed with Gretta.
IF you want to check out what I do for a living which is generating leads for local businesses, aka my #1 pick for what I feel is the easiest, most sound business model on the internet today. Then you can check it here.