$1,000,000 in sales in one day?
In an Affiliate World Conference interview, (the next touring conference is scheduled throughout July 2019) she reveals that the key to this million dollar sales day was building a very engaged audience, first and foremost, before launching her products.
Who is she?
Just to clarify, not like ME.. I’m a dude!
I mean, “this girl” in the article ..
Yes, Gretta Rose Van Riel!
It’s insanely impressive what she’s done with her brand and her products.
SO insane in fact that she has created an entire course around e-commerce.
And she is a branding goddess.
This girl is on fiyaaaa, but is her course?
I’m here to give you the skinny on what I found out when I went through her course, and also provide some useful pointers regarding making money online in general.
So how did she start?
Gretta went from zero to $600K USD revenue in 6 months with e-commerce when she launched a tea product called SkinnyMe Tea.
What a brilliant name.
That’s totes the catchiest name I’ve heard for a product in … maybe ever?
So, this actually created a whole new niche in and of itself called Teatox.
How epic is that?
Can you imagine creating your own product which in turn created an entirely NEW genre of products?
This effectively launched her into becoming a successful entrepreneur from the young age of just 21.
Damn, so impressive. She beat me by 4 years.
She went on to win Shopify’s Build A Business competition in 2013, beating out thousands of e-commerce store owners.
She then launched a few other successful multi-million dollar brands…
A global watch brand: The 5th
These cool looking water bottles with unique designs called Drop Bottle
She also created an entire networking platform called Nichify, where brands & influencers can come together.
ALL within 5 years since she first became an entrepreneur.
I know how much work goes into launching e-commerce & maintaining the business (customer order fulfillment, etc) so I have mad respect for the sick hustle of Gretta.
After launching not just one, but multiple successful e-commerce stores, Gretta realized her success was repeatable. She began distilling a system for her success, and is now willing to teach others with her course, Start & Scale.
Having that proven system down is so important to fast track a complete newbie’s success, just as it was with my local lead gen business. I simply followed a working blueprint.
That blueprint took me to where I am today, making $50k / m passively.
See, systems and repeatable processes are KEY.
Start & Scale Course Summary
Things I love about this course:
- This course is broken down into real action steps. There are no fluffy theories, or endless mindset jargon. Gretta tells you to go take real action.
- She’s a Battle-tested Coach… there’s a lot of courses out there being created for the sake of making money on courses by people that haven’t actually achieved real success themselves. Gretta has created 4 multiple 7 figure e-commerce brands all from scratch, with $0 in venture capital. She’s the real deal. NO scam here.
- Yes, they even have their own private Facebook group where you get on-going support.
Start & Scale Course Summary
The Good & the Bad of an E-commerce Business
- E-commerce is a growing industry and as more and more people use mobile, it is steadily growing at 23% every year. By 2020 sales will top $4 trillion!
- Better profit margins than owning a storefront. Much less overhead. Ship directly from manufacturers overseas right to your customer’s doorstep. With an e-commerce business, you do everything remotely. So no need to maintain inventory in your garage.
- It could be fun & exciting especially if you’re really passionate about a particular product.
- The potential to gain massive amounts of loyal fans to your unique product. The power and satisfaction of growing your brand.
- Ability to scale to big numbers with just 1 product.
- The potential for a great idea for a product to go viral, or even like in Gretta’s case open up a whole new sub-niche like with her “teatox” and completely dominate the sub-niche.
- With great advertising platforms like Facebook, you can reach your intended audience more effectively than ever before and the speed at which you can now scale is unparalleled to any other time in history. Go big or go home.
- Requires a bit of talent for coming up with an awesome product that resonates with your intended audience. Requires a pretty keen sense of what makes your audience tick, and how to present and market your product properly to your audience. The look and feel of the site really matters. Some could be great in this area while others may really struggle to really get this right. Some may even call this the X-factor.
- E-commerce, like all business opportunities, gets more saturated by the year, and you will deal with an ever-increasing number of competitors.
- You have to know how to generate steady traffic to your online store. Facebook ads can be tricky at times and it is not fail-proof. Ad cost can become expensive at times. Ranking your site organically on Google is just too difficult to do for a beginner.
- Requires on-going work fulfilling customer orders because you’re dealing with physical products. It has its own challenges such as your manufacturer going out of stock, products breaking and malfunctioning, dealing with returns, etc. If profit margins aren’t great, then a lot of e-commerce people get burned out. Even Gretta’s watch site showed all of their products were currently Sold Out.
- Managing issues with overseas manufacturers can be challenging at times.
- Not all store launches will be successful. When they are not, it can be quite costly in time and money spent on the whole process of research, building store, etc. This can be avoided with proper research prior but its still not 100% fail proof either.
Final Thoughts on Gretta Rose Van Riel’s Start and Scale E-commerce Course
When it comes to coaching courses on E-Commerce, Gretta’s is one of the best out there. Quality material.
Big fist pump.
She’s also one of the most successful E-Commerce people out there that became a coach.
Her success is eclipsing many of the so-called E-Commerce coach or gurus out there.
Move over posers!
She’s a go-getter and an action taker, her optimistic, driven outlook on life & business is infectious and highly motivating.
They say “You’re the 5 people you hang out with most.”
“If you want to become a millionaire, become friends with 5 millionaires, and you’ll figure out how to be the 6th.”
It’s so true.
Now more than any time in history, you can consciously pick those 5 people. You can connect with them virtually, through content, groups, and courses.
When you rub shoulders with successful people that have already done it, you’re going to get something more than just actionable steps to follow.
You’re going to gain perspective.
Perspective is everything.
Perspective can change you permanently in an instant.
When you see what’s possible on the other side and realize how surprisingly simple it all is.
You begin thinking, “man I can do this.”
I had that moment of clarity as well with my local marketing business.
When I produced my first lead for a local limousine company using free traffic, a huge light bulb went off.
I can do this. I can make money online. I am going to earn my living online.
That’s when it all changed for me.
I am sure Gretta experienced the same realization when she sold her first 4 products on the first day of launching her SkinnyMe Tea brand.
I love this entrepreneurial shit.
There’s never been any time like this in history of the internet which gives anybody the means to scale at massive levels from the comfort of their own home.
It’s truly incredible when you begin grasping & living the amazing boundless opportunities that exist today.
If you feel E-Commerce is your calling, then you will not be disappointed with Gretta.
Obviously she is a total badass.
E-commerce is one way to make money online, without a doubt.
Personally, instead of going to all the trouble to launch products and worry about audiences to sell to, I prefer to get steady leads for local businesses by ranking websites on Google.
IF you want to check out what I do for a living, and why wouldn’t you want to learn how someone is making $50k per month, from their couch, in their boxer shorts?
Thankfully, I DON’T look anything like Homer Simpson…
But, seriously tho..
This business model is by far my #1 pick for what I feel is the easiest, most sound way to make reliable passive income on the internet today.
If you have that curious spirit, which as an entrepreneur, I wouldn’t put it past you, then you can check it here.
The reason I love it so much is that there is a crazy satisfaction I get from helping local business owners.
Plus there really isn’t anything else you can make so much money online with (at least that I’ve yet discovered) as easily and reliably.
Look at this tree service site I built to generate calls for a company that is paying me $2k / m every month, since 2014…
That’s $24,000 a year, and $120,000 from this little site’s lifetime over the last 5 years up to 2019.
The best part about it, I own the site!
AND, there is a growing online community of other badass entrepreneurs who are doing the same.
As of July 9, 2019 there are over 4k members and counting.
The level of interaction and positivity within this lead gen group is awe inspiring.
We do meet ups every year in Vegas… Check out Damian’s post from our June 2019 Reload event:
This event gets better and better every year.
I actually was a speaker this year, which was a true honor and thrill, and a big accomplishment for me as an entrepreneur.
I enjoy every bit of what I do. This group and it’s positive impact on me has become a seriously inspiring way of doing business, and living life.
So proud to be a part of it.